Which base should you choose for your mattress?
Removable mattress cover or anti-allergy mattress protector?
If you have allergies, we recommend a mattress with a removable cover. Also make sure that the mattress cover can be washed at 60 °C. If you have severe allergies, we recommend that you wash your cover every 6 weeks.
If you already have a mattress without a removable cover and do not wish to buy a new one, we definitely recommend a hypoallergenic mattress protector to cover your mattress with. The SmartSleeve mattress protectors use active probiotics, a microbiological additive that is not harmful to you at all, but ensures that the mites stay away. This helps to create a clean and fresh surface for you to sleep on.
Tip: put your mattress protector in the freezer every now and then to kill any bacteria.
More tips to keep your room and mattress allergen-free
Also keep your room allergen-free by preventing dust accumulation:
- Do not put any curtains and carpet in your room
- Vacuum under the bed
- Do not leave any clothes lying around in the room
- Avoid books or soft toys in the room
- Make sure your room is regularly ventilated; leaving the window open every day for fifteen minutes is ideal (click here to discover why it is best not to leave your window open any longer than that).
- Pull your sheets and blankets to the end of the bed after you get up